Saturday, August 4, 2012

It's been over a year since I have blogged anything!! That's not entirely true, I think Facebook may have been my substitute blog spot there for a while. Why is it that we seem to have a need to share most things in life? Well, unless it's covered in chocolate with a few macadamia nuts thrown in.  The other day I was seeking a little "bathroom" privacy, unfortunately our toilet has a two door set up between our bathroom and laundry. My girl followed me into the "bathroom" mid-conversation and continued chatting away, I shut the door behind me and asked her if we could carry on our "conversation" later, so she left, walked up the hall and around the corner and then approached the laundry side door of the toilet and continued talking..?? Where there is a will there is a way I guess, much to my dismay at times, lol.  Still, what a privilege to be sought after to such an extent that even my desperate need to relieve myself is secondary to my child's need to interact with me. We had a horrible loss in the family earlier this year and the event seems to have made us all a little clingy.  Nothing reminds us that we are so short on time together as the sudden passing of a loved one, I was going to say that circumstances somehow play a part, but I can't see that the pain is less or the shock easier to deal with when it has been the result of a drawn out illness, an accident or sudden medical emergency that goes wrong.  Loss is loss and grief is grief and it is all rather horrid and I can understand the agony that God must experience when he sees death claim another of his children, this was never his plan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment