Monday, February 21, 2011

Is there an echo of time with a twist in here?

In 1998 my 2 eldest munchkins went to the cinema to see the animated movie Mulan, my Miss 18, whom at the time was my Miss 6 went along with her elder brother and friends and I waited for them to finish in the Westfield shopping centre at Marion. After the movie we sat down at the coffee lounge for a post movie critique and run down, where Miss 6 announces 'it was really good Mum. The girl that played Mulan was the same girl that was in Pocahontas". I did have to glare at my son whilst asking him sternly to verbally restrain himself for all manner of remarks concerning how daft it is to think that a cartoon character is real, but that one gave him quite a few weeks worth of ammunition against his blonde younger sibling. Well in the spirit of nostalgia I grabbed a copy of Pocahontas for my little girls to watch and it was Miss 8 that piped up and said "Hey Mum, that's the same girl that was in Mulan" the funny thing was that my now Miss 18 actually said a few degrading remarks about Miss 8's comment until I reminded her that a few years ago she had came out with the same logic in reverse.  Bless them, they are the sweetest things.

No comments:

Post a Comment